BB RACERS CLUB FOR KIDS
BBRacers registration is now open!
More information about the BBRacer program in your school will be made available from each school’s coaches.
- Each student will receive an additional club t-shirt with registration
- Special pricing is automatic on checkout for those in the BBR program
- Coaches, teachers, parents, and family, (who are not in the BBR program) and who would like to run with their kids, should also use the link below to register to assure they will be in the same wave
- Prices increase: March 21
- Program Registration Deadline: April 29
If your school does not currently have a BB Racer Club please contact [email protected].
More information about registration and packet pick up below.
About The BBRacers Club
The BB Racers Club was developed in 1996 for middle school-aged children to encourage participation in after school fitness programs and develop a life-long commitment to health and fitness. This program gives students the opportunity to meet challenges, work towards goals and feel a sense of pride in their school and individual accomplishments. Beginning in 2010 we added elementary schools to this program and the name has changed to the BBRacers Club. The program gets elementary and middle school students, their teachers and families excited about fitness by preparing and training for the BOLDERBoulder using a variety of fun activities and an online training guide. In 2016, 89 schools participated across Colorado with just under 2,000 total participants in the program.
The schools are divided into three divisions according to size. There are two competitions among each division: fastest school and highest participation. The school in each division with the most registered teachers, students, and family members win the highest participation category. This year there will be five waves of BBRacers Club participants.
In 2014, BOLDERBoulder began an overnight program for rural schools in eastern Colorado. BB Racers, coaches and parents arrive the day before the race, stay in the University of Colorado dorms, meet CU student-athletes, and walk to the start line together.
Why You Should Join BB Racers
Schools Registered for 2020
|Altona Middle School|
|Big Thompson Elementary School|
|Bill Reed Middle School|
|Broomfield Heights Middle School|
|Casey Middle School|
|Centennial Middle School|
|City Of BoulderRec on Wheelz|
|Denver School of Science and Tech middle school|
|Drake Middle School|
|Erie Middle School|
|Holcomb Middle School|
|Lyons Middle/Senior High|
|Mandalay Middle School|
|Manhattan Middle School|
|Oberon Middle School|
|Peak to Peak Charter School|
|Platt Middle School|
|Preston Middle School|
|Rocky Mountain Deaf School|
|St. John the Baptist|
|Turner Middle School|
|Twin Peaks Charter Academy|
|Union Colony Preparatory School|
|West Ridge Elementary|
|Westgate Community School|
|Westview Middle School|
|Woodland Park Middle School|
|Yuma Middle School|
Benefits For Students
- Discounted race registration for all students in BBRacers Club (see below)
- Access to exclusive BBRacers Club online registration
- 10 week training program
- Weekly newsletters, information and motivation
- BBRacers Club t shirt and other goodies
- Packet delivered to participating school
Benefits for Coaches and Schools
- Coaches receive complimentary entry to the BOLDERBoulder and special coaches gifts
- School receives access to exclusive BBRacers Club online registration
- School receives special participation plaque or division winner laminated poster
- BOLDERBoulder offers school presentations (assemblies, etc.) by our staff on training and the race to encourage recruitment in the program
- Special BBRacers Club DVD and banner for own promotion
In order to insure timely distribution of race packets and accuracy in scoring; students, teachers, and school staff will register online for the BOLDERBoulder differently than the rest of the racers. In addition to the usual fields including name, address, etc., the BBRacers registration forms will include school name, grade, and a selection of BBRacers Club waves. Paper registration forms will also be given to all coaches for those students who cannot register online. Students that register early will receive a discount off their entry, a special BBRacers T-shirt and a goody bag containing items donated by race sponsors. We do ask that you encourage online registration to minimize errors.
What About The Stragglers?
Those students who miss the registration deadline (May 1st), may register for the race, but not as part of the BBRacers Club. There are no exceptions to this deadline. Students who miss the deadline will register as a regular race participant and will have other options as to where to pick up their race packet. It will not be delivered to the school and they will not receive the discount. Letters to parents explaining the deadline will be provided to you at the kickoff.
Highest participation awards will be given to both elementary and middle school in each division. Divisions are based on the size of the school:
- Division I: 1-200 students
- Division II: 201-550 students
- Division III: 551 or more students
- Other awards include: Fastest girl and fastest boy for each school.
Race Packet Delivery
Race packets will be delivered to each school in advance of the race if participants register by the program deadline. Parents and non-middle school siblings may register for the race through the school and have their packets delivered along with their student’s, and may run in BBRacer Club waves along with their kids. We will have several BBRacer Club waves this year. These waves are for the students, their parents, friends and siblings. However, students and teachers/staff taking part in the Challenge do not have to do the BOLDERBoulder in these waves. We have had many participants whose times are fast enough to qualify for the seeded waves. If the participant decides they would rather run in a non-BBRacer Club wave (qualifying wave) they will still be counted in the Challenge with their school.