MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTE
The Tribute begins in Folsom Field at NOON on Memorial Day. With as many as 70,000 spectators, this has become the nation’s largest Memorial Day celebration.
An important part of the BOLDERBoulder is to honor the men and women who have served our country during peace and war, particularly those who paid the supreme sacrifice, in defense of the U.S.A. After the BOLDERBoulder, our Memorial Day Tribute includes:
• One of the largest enlistment ceremonies in the state of Colorado
• The presentation of the Nation’s Colors
• A 21-gun salute by the University of Colorado NROTC members
• A Flyover provided by the 120th Fighter Squadron from the Colorado Air National Guard
• Sky divers carrying flags from each branch of military
• The singing of our national anthem
The Mile-Hi Sky Diving Team will perform their traditional exhibition sky dive to kick off the 39th BOLDERBoulder Memorial Day Tribute. All members of the Mile-Hi Sky Diving team are United States Parachuting Association certified professional exhibition jumpers. Throughout their 16-year history with the ceremony the group has varied to include BOLDERBoulder finishers, military personnel including Air Force Academy officers and Colorado natives.