BB RACERS CLUB FOR KIDS
The BB Racers Club was developed in 1996 for middle school aged children to encourage participation in after school fitness programs and develop a life-long commitment to health and fitness. This program gives students the opportunity to meet challenges, work towards goals and feel a sense of pride in their school and individual accomplishments. Beginning in 2010 we added elementary schools to this program and the name has changed to the BBRacers Club. The program gets elementary and middle school students, their teachers and families excited about fitness by preparing and training for the BOLDERBoulder using a variety of fun activities and an online training guide. In 2016, 89 schools participated across Colorado with just under 2,000 total participants in the program.
The schools are divided into three divisions according to size. There are two competitions among each division: fastest school and highest participation. The school in each division with the most registered teachers, students and family members win the highest participation category. This year there will be five waves of BBRacers Club participants.
In 2014, BOLDERBoulder began an overnight program for rural schools in eastern Colorado. BB Racers, coaches and parents arrive the day before the race, stay in the University of Colorado dorms, meet CU student athletes, and walk to the start line together.
Prices increase March 25th
Program Registration Deadline: May 1st
Why You Should Join BB Racers
Benefits For Students
- Discounted race registration for all students in BBRacers Club (see below)
- Access to exclusive BBRacers Club online registration
- 10 week training program
- Weekly newsletters, information and motivation
- BBRacers Club t shirt and other goodies
- Packet delivered to participating school
Benefits for Coaches and Schools
- Coaches receive complimentary entry to the BOLDERBoulder and special coaches gifts
- School receives access to exclusive BBRacers Club online registration
- School receives special participation plaque or division winner laminated poster
- BOLDERBoulder offers school presentations (assemblies, etc.) by our staff on training and the race to encourage recruitment in the program
- Special BBRacers Club DVD and banner for own promotion
In order to insure timely distribution of race packets and accuracy in scoring; students, teachers, and school staff will register online for the BOLDERBoulder differently than the rest of the racers. In addition to the usual fields including name, address, etc., the BBRacers registration forms will include school name, grade, and a selection of BBRacers Club waves. Paper registration forms will also be given to all coaches for those students who cannot register online. Students that register PRIOR TO THE MAY 1ST DEADLINE will receive a discount off their entry, a special BBRacers T-shirt and a goody bag containing items donated by race sponsors. We do ask that you encourage online registration to minimize errors and ensure the deadline is met.
Registration Deadline: May 1st
What About The Stragglers?
Race Packet Delivery
Highest participation awards will be given to both elementary and middle school in each division. Divisions are based on the size of the school:
- Division I: 1-200 students
- Division II: 201-550 students
- Division III: 551 or more students
- Other awards include: Fastest girl and fastest boy for each school.