2019 BOLDERBOULDER 10K QUALIFIER
Strava, the Official Training App of the BOLDERBoulder is providing a new and easy way for you to submit a time to earn a spot in a qualified wave in the 2019 BOLDERBoulder. Strava allows you to track all your training runs in the App or with your favorite running watch. From April 28th – May 26th, join the BB10K Strava Qualifier to earn a spot in a qualified wave of the BOLDERBoulder to run with others at the same pace! Complete any 5K (or longer) run through the BB10K Strava Qualifier between April 28 and May 26 and use your results to earn a spot in a qualified wave. Wave spots are first-come, first-served.
*Participants who have already registered and been bibbed will incur a $10 bib change fee to utilize their challenge results for placement in a faster wave.
- All are welcome to participate in the 2019 BOLDERBoulder 10K Strava Qualifier.
- To participate in the Qualifier, your selected run must be designated as a “race” and visible to “everyone” in that specific activity’s settings. View a demo here.
- Make sure you turn off “auto pause” in settings on Strava.
- For placement in a BB10K qualifying wave, qualifier participants must complete the qualifier with a “best effort” 5K of 32 minutes, 38 seconds or faster. Record your 5K time in Strava during the qualifier or Strava will pull your “best effort” 5K from a longer run completed during the qualifier. Check the Equivalent Times Chart to see how your race time equates to a 10K time.
- The only Strava time that will be accepted is the time associated with the BB10K Strava Qualifier between 4/28 – 5/26. Other Strava runs will not be accepted.
- Strava athlete profile name must match registration name.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY TIME?
- After signing up for the BB10K Strava Qualifier, designate your chosen run (5k or longer) as “race” and make sure that activity is visible to “everyone” in settings. View a demo here. This will indicate completion of the Qualifier, and will trigger the delivery of your completion email and BB10K Strava Qualifier badge. Please note: once you designate a run as a “race”, this will trigger your completion email and you will have completed the Qualifier.
- For online registration, forward your completion email displaying your time to: [email protected] by 11:00am MST on Thursday, May 23rd. After Thursday, May 23rd, if you wish to use your Strava BB10K Qualifier Challenge time to qualify for a wave, you MUST register in-person before race day.
- For in-person registration events, you must present your Strava athlete profile with the completed 2019 BB10k Qualifier OR from your completion email from your mobile device to a BOLDERBoulder staff member by 5:00pm MST on Sunday, May 26th. For all in-person registration opportunities, click here.
*Participants who have already registered and been bibbed will incur a $10 bib change fee to utilize their qualifier results for placement in a faster wave.
Train with Strava
• 10 week BOLDERBoulder training plan
• Suggested routes and training runs in the Boulder/Denver area
• A place to chat with other runners you’ll see on race day
• Weekly leaderboards against your fellow runners
Helpful Strava Tips
• Already have a dedicated GPS device? Find out how to upload to Strava from yours.
• Set up your device for success:
– Record a test activity and get familiar with the recording and upload process (recording guides for iOS and Android).
– Give your phone (or other GPS devices) time to acquire a solid GPS connection.
– Close other apps before using Strava.
• To ensure you meet the Challenge goal, we recommend you run a small amount over the required distance (about .5km / .3mi).
• You can learn more about managing your activity’s privacy controls here.